NSD School Courses are available to male and female students in select schools within both the Calgary Public School System and the Private school system. The program offers students the opportunity to earn school credit, improve their academic and athletic skills, fitness levels, leadership, and become active contributing members of the community.
These courses are available to all levels of hockey and performance athletes who wish to challenge themselves and reach their full athletic potential on the ice, in the gym, or in their specific sport.
In keeping with the goals of school curriculum and NSD, these courses are a healthy complement to academic and community activities for students. NSD works closely with the its school counterparts to offer student athletes, parents, teachers and coaches the opportunity to work together and create and ideal environment for education and athletics.
School Course Highlights:
- Professional Coaching
- Low instructor to athlete ratios
- Special guest speakers including – professional athletes, professional trainers, certified nutritionists & inspirational speakers
- Dryland training incorporated into hockey, soccer & performance courses;
- Courses are available in north & south Calgary
- Access to world class training facilities and equipment – NSD Skate Treadmills, Rapid Shot Systems, boxing ring & spin bikes